[reportlab-users] Dreaded hyperlinks

Jerkize reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Sun, 5 Sep 2004 03:53:37 -0700

Hoping that everyone isn't tired of fielding questions about=20
hyperlinks, I need some help deciding which path to pursue.

1st attempt: tried writing my own hyperlink Flowable, which almost=20
worked.  The problem is that my implementation always introduces a=20
break/newline at the end of each hyperlink.  I found getKeepWithNext=20
and overrode that method to always return true, thinking that would=20
solve the problem.  Am I interpreting incorrectly what that method=20
means?  Is there any way to string Flowables together and not have them=20=

joined with breaks/newlines?

2nd attempt: stumbled upon the experimental para.py implementation of=20
Paragraph.  This is very promising, but still seems too experimental=20
for my purposes.  The specific problem I'm having is that this=20
Paragraph doesn't seem to play nice inside table cells.  Any sub-tags=20
(<a>, <b>, etc.)  are causing the text to be rendered at the top of the=20=

cell.  Everything is rendered correctly if there are no sub-tags in the=20=

Paragraph text.  Anyone else noticing weird problems inside table=20
cells?

Even though I've checked & double-checked my code, =06=06=06=06=06=06=06=06=
=06I haven't=20
ruled out the possibility that my code might be buggy for either=20
approach :-)

Thanks,
Erik