[reportlab-users] Vector Graphics

Dinu Gherman reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Wed, 1 Sep 2004 23:11:46 +0200

Andy Robinson:

> 1. Dinu Gherman wrote an SVG import library, which works well as far
> as I
> know.  Most vector graphics packages can export SVH these days.  It
> depends
> on the additional Python XML package which was too big a footprint for
> us to
> bundle in.

Yep, in fact this is being used for real stuff by some people
as I'm being told every once in a while... It should be working
ok unless you need fancy font or filter effects etc. See

   http://www.python.net/~gherman/svglib.html

For some reason ReportLab decided to remove a reference to this
thing from their previous extensions page on their website after
redesigning the whole site, but anyway...

Since I just received another complaint for my somewhat hidden
online SVG to PDF converter still pointing to the former RL page:

   http://me.in-berlin.de/~darwin/svg/svg2pdf.html

I've just added a pointer to my own Starship pages... I guess
I will remove the references to RL on each generated PDF...

Regards,

Dinu

--
Dinu C. Gherman - http://python.net/~gherman