[reportlab-users] TableStyle Cell Formatting Commands

Sun, 31 Oct 2004 09:24:00 +0000

Tim Johnson wrote:
> Hello List:
>     I am using userguide.pdf. I need more documentation on
>     the values to be paired with the command identifiers.
>     Example: FONTNAME ==>> acceptable names
>              FONTSIZE ==>> acceptable sizes
>              TEXTCOLOR ==>> acceptable colors
> I note the following text on page 72:

> mathematicians) 'RC' ordering. The top left cell is (0, 0) the bottom
> right is (-1, -1). Depending on the command various extra (???) occur at
> NOTE THE ???'s ============================================^^^
>   Is something missing there?
> Pointers to further documentation is welcome.
> thanks
> tim
The ??? represent arguments. Different commands have different argument
lists and requirements.

LINECOMMANDS
  GRID BOX OUTLINE INNERGRID LINEBELOW LINEABOVE LINEBEFORE LINEAFTER

The generic line command has the structure
  op, (sc,sr), (ec,er), weight, color, cap, dash, join, count, space

BACKGROUND Commands
  BACKGROUND ROWBACKGROUNDS COLBACKGROUNDS

  op, (sc,sr), (ec,er), color

for the last two color is a list of colors (for colour changes).

LEFT/RIGHT/TOP/BOTTOMPADDING size
FONTNAME fontName same as FACE fontName
SIZE size same as FONTSIZE size
LEADING size

FONT fontName [fontSize [leading]] combined command

TEXTCOLOR color
ALIGN 'left'/'right'/'center'/'centre'/'decimal'
VALIGN 'top'/'bottom'/'middle'

SPAN (sc,sr), (ec,er)