[reportlab-users] Page Breaks with Paragraphs(tables?)

Tim Johnson reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Wed, 27 Oct 2004 09:33:34 -0800

* jpywtora@calpoly.edu <jpywtora@calpoly.edu> [041027 09:01]:
> On Tuesday 26 October 2004 06:11 pm, Tim Johnson wrote:
> > ## builds a pdf file properly, but I would like to find a strategy to
> > ## introduce "page breaks" so that paragraphs do not span pages.
> > ## I would welcome examples, instructions or pointers to such..

  hello Johnny:

> How about putting the paragraph in a table?  It is also possible to turn off
> allowsplitting (allowSplitting = 0) in the constructor of SimpleDocTemplate
> which may, or may not work.  Just some quick thoughts.

  That sounds like a good idea, I had thought about it myself after
  looking at the docs (userguide.pdf) Unfortunately, I can't find any
  code examples, so I don't really know how to start ......
  thanks
  tim
--
Tim Johnson <tim@johnsons-web.com>