AW: [reportlab-users] Usage of <pto> ?

Bernard Cagalj reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Mon, 4 Oct 2004 18:03:03 +0200

Hallo Andy !

it was my fault, I am really sorry for the confusion I produced here ! I am
a real newbie in all this and I made my first steps and experienced my first
problems.

Yes I used trml2pdf from openreport.org. I read the definition of the <pto>
feature in your RML-User Guide (
http://www.reportlab.com/docs/RML_UserGuide_1_0.pdf ). As I thought trml2pdf
is the open source version of your product rml2pdf I thought it would
support this feature.

I thought the error I got was a issue of the reportlab lib. That's why I
posted this question here. So shame on me and not on the author of
openreport.org.

For people interested in the solution:
The solution for my problem was simple. I just have to use <setNextTemplate
name="secondPage"/> anywhere on the first page and from the next pagebreak
he takes the other template.

My really last "off topic" question to the other users, not to reportlab
support (if allowed):

Openreport.org does not seem to be very active !? Can other users confirm
that or tell me where to get help (forum, mailing list) about this product ?
I did not get any answer from the openreport mailing list and the release
dates on the website are also quite old.

Thank you for your help again and sorry for the inconvenience !

Greetings
Bernard