[reportlab-users] Tables and spanning

reportlab-users@reportlab.com reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Fri, 01 Oct 2004 05:24:09 -0700

> Are you talking about coding tables with XML tags, or are you talking
about
> more / better functionality in the Table() class?

I am talking about writing another table class which is designed to
render (x)html tables.  It would make fundamentally different tradeoffs
to ours.  In the long term I think we need both - HTML tables for
intricate "one-off" tables with spanning and nesting, in a language
which everyone knows how to do, and our own for 'styled' tables which
are very good for financial and database work.

I guess one should start by studying Mozilla code or some other O-S
browser....

Thanks,

Andy