[reportlab-users] Serving a PDF file (naming problem)

Tim Johnson reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Thu Nov 11 22:53:54 EST 2004

* Erik Stephens <jerkize@24ksoftware.com> [041111 11:30]:
> On Nov 11, 2004, at 10:44 AM, Tim Johnson wrote:
>
> >  Thanks Eric. That makes sense.
> >
> >  But, unfortunately, the browsers are still not *getting* the file
> >  name and are still offering to save it as 'kbServePDF', rather
> >  than 'my_ad'.
> >
> >  I've used both "inline" and "attachment" for the content-disposition.
>
> Remember that the print statement will print a newline.  So:
>
>   print "something\n"

  <Grin> Of course!
  What I was looking for was:
    print 'Content-type: application/pdf'
    print 'Content-Disposition: attachment;filename="my_ad.pdf"\n'

  Life is good.
  Thank you Erik
  tj

Tim Johnson <tim@johnsons-web.com>