[reportlab-users] Serving a PDF file (naming problem)

Tim Johnson reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Thu Nov 11 17:44:04 EST 2004

* Erik Stephens <jerkize@24ksoftware.com> [041111 08:18]:
> On Nov 11, 2004, at 9:37 AM, Tim Johnson wrote:
>
> >* Erik Stephens <erik@edgeos.com> [041111 00:16]:
> >>On Nov 10, 2004, at 5:28 PM, Tim Johnson wrote:
> >>

> Now put the double newlines after the last header, in this case, the
> Content-Disposition you're sending.  The two newlines will tell the
> browser that you're done sending headers.  That's why it started
> interpreting your PDF file as a header.

  Thanks Eric. That makes sense.

  But, unfortunately, the browsers are still not *getting* the file
  name and are still offering to save it as 'kbServePDF', rather
  than 'my_ad'.

  I've used both "inline" and "attachment" for the content-disposition.
  regards
  tim
--
Tim Johnson <tim@johnsons-web.com>