[reportlab-users] Serving a PDF file (naming problem)

Tim Johnson reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Thu Nov 11 16:54:49 EST 2004

* Matej Pivoluska <pivoluska@matfyz.cz> [041111 00:16]:
> D?a ?t 11. November 2004 01:28 Tim Johnson napísal(a):
> > I am using the following Function:
> > ## code begins
> > def pdf_header(file_name,size):
> >     print (
>
> Why you print *two* newlines there? (In HTTP is header splitted from body by a
> blank line!
  Hi:

  See my response to Erik. But prompted by comments, I
  eliminated the function and simply put in these two lines:
  print 'Content-type: application/pdf\n'       ## first line
  print 'Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="my_ad.pdf"' ## second line

  Absence the second line, IE dialogue presumes it to be
  PDF (good). But inclusion of the second *still* does not cause
  "my_ad.pdf" to be included.

  thank you
  tim

--