[reportlab-users] barcode extension

Andreas Braukmann reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Tue Nov 2 15:30:38 EST 2004

--On Dienstag, 2. November 2004 9:56 Uhr -0400 "Fred L. Drake, Jr." <fdrake@acm.org> wrote:

> On Tuesday 02 November 2004 04:12 am, bo@bitute.b4net.lt wrote:
>  > To fix my Offtopic a bit :-) I'd like to ask: does Python & ReportLab &
>  > Zope works OK on OpenBSD? I hear it has some major problems under FreeBSD.
>  > Pity though since could be nice to have a good platform on any OS...
>
> The issue on FreeBSD is that the default stack size for new threads is much
> lower than on other systems, so most people need to make adjustments to that.
> I don't know whether a similar problem exists on OpenBSD.

FreeBSD's /usr/ports/lang/python port provides an option
dealing with this issue. Just build (or rebuild) python with
the option for huge stacksize. (IMHO that should be the default
anyways).
Since the binary packages get built with default options, one
has to build python from the port, if it was installed from
the package beforehand.

-Andreas