[reportlab-users] problem with flowables.Image

Jerome Alet reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Fri, 28 May 2004 16:16:23 +0200

Hi again,

On Fri, May 28, 2004 at 03:06:08PM +0100, Robin Becker wrote:

> Jerome I bust this a while back and it just hasn't been fixed. We are now
> attempting to use a java friendly interface so images have to be opened by
> an ImageReader. Unfortunately that means we can no longer obviously accept
> PIL objects as inputs to the ImageReader and hence Image (as we might be
> working in jython).
>
> However, I have just fixed the reportlab.lib.utils.open_for_read function
> and it now appears to accept
>
> 1) anything with a read method
> 2) URL's eg 'file://C:/tmp/myimage.gif'
>    'http://www.reportlab.com/rsrc/encryption.gif'
> 3) ordinary filenames
>    'C:/tmp/myimage.gif'
>
> I will do some testing and put this in CVS later today. Of course fixing
> the read function doesn't necessarily imply that Image will immediately
> work again, but I'll try and fix that later.

I'm sorry but I'm lagging by several months over RL's developpment
and so I wasn't aware of recent changes.

Anyway, for now we'll just put our datas in temporary files and
it should be ok.

Thanks a lot for your help

Jerome Alet
--