[reportlab-users] Prinston downloads

Andy Robinson reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Fri, 7 May 2004 09:44:57 +0100

> Sir,
> i would like to download a file from
> http://www.reportlab.org/community/prinston/MSN-Part_1.zip
> for which i need to register i suppose for username and password how to
> approch.
> thank you.

I am sorry to tell you this will not be allowed.

The prinston company deliberately abused a download area aimed
only for software developers in our user group who are making
programs with our own software package.  They put huge files
there without telling us and thousands of people started downloading
them, which would have cost us thousands of dollars per month
in bandwidth fees.  So, we stopped this and deleted all the files.

If you have a contact in this company, let me know, so we can
tell them how angry we are!  In the meantime prinston will have to
set up and pay for their own download facilities somewhere else.

I am sorry if you are inconvenienced by this but they have
behaved very badly both towards us and their own customers.

Best Regards,

Andy Robinson
CEO/Chief Architect
ReportLab Europe Ltd.