[reportlab-users] Verdana and TTF error

Ulrich Wisser reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Fri, 07 May 2004 08:35:54 +0200

Hello,

thanks for all the help. I have been able to use the Verdana font.
Nevertheless I would like to tell you about my struggles, as it seems
that some thing is not going as expected.

The trick to register the font as XVerdana
 >>     pdfmetrics.registerFont(TTFont('XVerdana', 'VERDANA.TTF'))
did not work. It still complained about already registered mappings.

I had to remove the verdana data in
	reportlab/lib/fonts.py

When I registered Verdana, it would not let me alter the bold mapping. I
reviewed the code and did recognize that registerFont maps the font for
all mappings directly. The mapping can not be changed later. But this
won't give me bold text when I used <b> markup in my paragraph objects.

For me it was easy to solve, I had only none bold or all bold paragraphs
which I assigned Verdana or Verdana-Bold as font.

How should I procede to get the <b> markup working?

Thanks

Ulrich