[reportlab-users] Can't setFont(Times-Roman) missing the T1 files?

Florian Reiser reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Fri, 5 Mar 2004 16:41:39 +0100

Hello,

when I try to render a simple HorizontalBarChart with
renderPM.drawToFile(drawing, 'c:\\temp\\test.png', 'PNG')
then I get the following error:

Module reportlab.graphics.renderPM, line 546, in drawToString
Module reportlab.graphics.renderPM, line 541, in drawToFile
Module reportlab.graphics.renderPM, line 527, in drawToPMCanvas
Module reportlab.graphics.renderPM, line 50, in draw
Module reportlab.graphics.renderPM, line 96, in draw
Module reportlab.graphics.renderPM, line 81, in applyState
Module reportlab.graphics.renderPM, line 349, in setFont
Module reportlab.graphics.renderPM, line 232, in _setFont
RenderPMError: Can't setFont(Times-Roman) missing the T1 files? Originally
exceptions.TypeError: makeT1Font() argument 2 must be string, not None
(Also, an error occurred while attempting to render the standard error
message.)

If I render it with renderPDF.drawToFile(drawing, 'c:\\temp\\test.pdf'),
then everything works fine.

What am I doing wrong, when using renderPM?

I use reportlab-1.19, python 2.1 on a Windows2000 machine.

Regards
Florian Reiser