[reportlab-users] Make use of font tools libraries

Andy Robinson reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Wed, 3 Mar 2004 18:09:55 -0000

Thanks for the pointer - I had not seen ttfquery.
I will study this tonight as we are working on
improved TTF font family support at the moment.

I am nervous about depending on ttfquery, fonttools
and numeric at runtime.  Performance and deployment
matter. However, if we can look at using this to build
cached databases of font metrics for runtime use,
it could be very useful.

Regards,

Andy