[reportlab-users] Unicode, subversion and Version 2.0

reportlab-users@reportlab.com reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Mon, 21 Jun 2004 06:34:27 -0700

Bogdan M. Maryniuck <bo@bitute.b4net.lt> wrote:

> Unicode -- is what all RL users are waiting for. ;-)
> But if somebody would like to implement correct Platypus Table
> cellspan without overpainting vertical lines from other cells
> above/below and correctly recalculate rowheight while textwrapped
> paragraph is in the cell, than it would be really nice.

It would be nice, but logically it's not critical and can be done
separately
at any time.  We would do it if a commercial RML customer had a need,
but this has never caused us any trouble.  So, I'd say we are waiting
for a volunteer or volunteers to roll their sleeves up and work on it
:-)

IMHO a full HTML-like table rendering algorithm like this will be slow
and have
different goals to our current tables.  It would make perfect sense to
have
two different kinds of tables with different design goals.