Faster counting pages in PDF (Was: Re: [reportlab-users] Recounting pages in PDF)

Jerome Alet reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Sat, 19 Jun 2004 13:29:58 +0200

On Sat, Jun 19, 2004 at 11:43:33AM +0200, Matej Pivoluska wrote:
> Ad \t. It was for eating whitespaces in my first code.
> I do not know if it is allowed in pdf spec after /Page token, neither.
> Now I allow it. :-)

With the same 15000 pages PDF document, it's now 1.5 seconds to
parse it entirely, and 0.2 seconds for the PCL XL Reference which
is a more general document, less easy to parse.

Ouch !

I wonder how much time it would take on a recent machine.

bye

Jerome Alet