[reportlab-users] [newbie] Wrrapping text in table cells (fixed width)

Sat, 12 Jun 2004 13:20:29 +0100

Gilles Lenfant wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm certainly not the first one to ask for this... :-)
>
> I made a 3 columns (fixed width) table, and adaptive height, but unlike
> HTML, the text doesnt wrap in the cells. And the size of the text for each
> cell is not predictable (coming from user Zope objects).
>
> Digging the ML archives, I found some solution using the textwrap new
> package. But as I'm using variable width char, this is not an optimal
> sotution to my problem.
>
> Is there another better and reportlabish solution to this issue ?
>
> Many thanks in advance.
>
> --
> Gilles

.... platypus table cells can contain platypus paragraphs they will
wrap. The solution is not terribly good when the individual paragraphs
get very long as we don't yet support splitting the cells from one
page(or frame) to the next.