[reportlab-users] "setfont" tag in RML seems not to work propelry

Wed, 28 Jul 2004 09:51:46 +0100

Bogdan M. Maryniuck wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 28, 2004 at 08:52:26AM +0100, Robin Becker wrote:
>
>>>       return string.join(self.strings, "")
>

> BTW, Robin, why to use old 1.5 version syntax:
>
>     string.join(self.strings, '')
>
> ...instead of:
>
>     self.strings.join('')
>
> ...to make more clear it for folks who thinks your code is buggy? :-)

We're slowly going through eliminating various old style stuff. A lot will get
ironed out in the unicode friendly changes. At present we're still committed to
maintaining 2.1 compatibilty which means local scopes are out. Yesterday I
stopped building the 1.52/2.0 pyds.