[reportlab-users] "setfont" tag in RML seems not to work propelry

Ulrich Weber reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Wed, 28 Jul 2004 09:31:58 +0200

Hi there,

your discussion on having an open source version of RML resp. rml2pdf or
not does not help me really.

Actually, I am indeed using the open source version, i. e. tiny RML2PDF and
the ReportLab open source PDF library.

In the meantime I did some Python debugging and found, that there is
apparently a bug in the open source PDF library:

In reportlab/pdfbase/pdfdoc.py line 768 and those following read:

    def format(self, document):
        strings = map(str, self.strings) # final conversion, in case of
lazy objects
        return string.join(self.strings, "")

The variable "strings" is populated (for good reasons), but obviously never
used. If the last line shown above is changed to

        return string.join(strings, "")

everything works fine.

Best Regards,

Ulrich Weber