[reportlab-users] RE: Spam Problem on list?

Andy Robinson reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Tue, 27 Jul 2004 12:02:12 +0100

> I get about 80 spam mails per day...

What, from our list, or generally?

I used to get 500 - beat that you wimps ;-)  - but think I
have cracked it.  If anyone else is suffering, they may want to
check out www.mailblocks.com.

Anyone emailing me directly for the first time has to go through a
challenge-response  process and prove they are a real human; this
stopped almost everything instantly.  However, the system filters out
(a) people I don't know in big companies whose corporate filter
thinks my challenge message is spam, and (b) stupid people who can't
follow simple instructions.  I found that (b) at least was an unexpected
bonus of the system :-)

- Andy