[reportlab-users] ReportLab and Zope - Thursday 22nd July, London

Chris Withers reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Thu, 15 Jul 2004 18:22:00 +0100

Damon Lynch wrote:
> Looks good!  I will not be attending the talk, but if anyone is
> interested I have some code that combines CMFReportTool, CMFNewsletter,
> and PortalTransport to allow Plone sites to send e-mail newsletters in
> PDF format in addition to HTML and text.

It'd certainly be interesting to see that code... I assume it only uses the
non-commercial parts of the ReportLab library?

> BTW the author of CMFReportTool copied and pasted the entire
> Paragraph.py and made some minor changes in it for use in CMFReportTool,
> probably to try to fix bugs.

Have you got a URL to that file in the public repository?
(I'm thinking ViewCVS here ;-)

> I'm not aware that these have been rolled
> back into the main code.  As a separate issue, the HTML parser in
> CMFReportTool needs a rewrite.

Why not just use HTMLParser.py, included in the main python distribution and
heavilly used by ZPT?

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk