[reportlab-users] suggestion for fonts

Jerome Alet reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Fri, 9 Jul 2004 09:09:43 +0200

On Fri, Jul 09, 2004 at 02:25:02PM +0800, Craig Ringer wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-07-09 at 07:29, Andy Robinson wrote:
>
> > Sensible, I just added this in.  It will look for './fonts' in the
> > current directory whenever reportlab is first imported.  Our
> > standard approach checks to see if lots of possible directories
> > exist, and only existing ones end up on the path, so this is cheap.
>
> On Linux, it might also be an idea to look at $HOME/.fonts as that's
> where FontConfig keeps user-installed fonts by default.

yes would be fine as well.

yesterday I forgot to say why I wanted this, so here's why :

when you had enormous difficulties to have an hosting provider
install ReportLab, and he did it NOT in your own directory but
system wide, and now you want additionnal fonts, it's not as
easy as it could be.

any comment ?

Jerome Alet