[reportlab-users] Is ReportLab suitable for this task?

Jerome Alet reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Fri, 23 Jan 2004 09:39:49 +0100

On Fri, Jan 23, 2004 at 08:24:32AM -0000, Andy Robinson wrote:

> >     Processor : PII 350 Mhz
> >     RAM : 288 Mb
> >     Operating System : GNU/Linux
>
> > the PDF generation part only took 216 seconds, i.e. 62 pages/sec
>
> So a modern 2Ghz machine is likely to get 300-400 pages per second
> Wow!  Maybe we could publish a case study on this?

If I've got some time, I'm OK to replace the logo (I'll take
ReportLab's one) and some text, and contribute the code (250 lines)
and the 'fake' result. I'll fake the database accesses too.

This document was created to send a mailing to a client's clients,
informing them of the creation of a new website and giving them
their identifier and password. There's also the address.
On each page, only these three fields change, that's why using
forms was a big bonus.

this could serve as a typical mailing benchmark (tiPYcal in fact :-)

if you're interested, please tell me so.

bye

Jerome Alet
--
"A non-free program is a predatory social system that keeps people
in a state of domination and division, and uses the spoils to