[reportlab-users] ReportLab 1.19 Released

Thu, 22 Jan 2004 21:25:10 +0000

In article <hdynrdl0.fsf@vfa.com>, mmillikan@vfa.com writes
>Robin Becker <robin@reportlab.com> writes:
>
>> Version 1.19 of the ReportLab Toolkit has been released.
>> Fixes from Max Neunhöffer (pyRXP) and Peter Borocz (pdfmetrics).
>> ReportLab graphics now has some 3D charts.
>[snip]
>
>With the new VerticalBarChart3D setting zDepth and zSpace
>appropriately gives a reasonable facsimile of a cross tab chart with
>categories arrayed along the x axis, values along the y axis, and
>series offset along the projected z axis.
>
>Is there a defined way to draw a ZCategoryAxis labelled by series? How
>about a grid underlaying any of the three back planes? Changing the
>viewing angle? No perspective? -)
>
>Seriously, a nice start.
..... I'm not certain exactly what you mean? There is a grid possibility
for each axis. By definition our current zAxis can either be
stacked/paralel or not so

categoryAxis.style = 'parallel_3d'

makes the series appear at different depths depending on the other
seetings.

If you use the style 'stacked' for the 3d barcharts then the series
appear at a single z-depth one above the other in the y direction. If
parallel then they should appear parallel in the x direction. Sorry if
I'm confused/wrong about this. Please say what you mean/want/prefer. :)