[reportlab-users] reportlab userguide

Jean-Michel OLTRA reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Wed, 21 Jan 2004 10:23:39 +0100

	bonjour,

I heavily use the reportlab.platypus.tables module to build a module of
mine able to draw a table in a Drawing.
So I saw that some features of Table where not documented in the
reportlab-userguide.pdf:

This one says:

«There is however one main limitation compared to an HTML table. They define a
simple rectangular grid.
There is no row or column spanning; if you need to span cells, you must
nest tables inside table cells instead.»

But one can find in the code:
 for (cmd, start, stop) in self._spanCmds:
and functions defining spanning.

Concerning LINE commands, the module says:
# we expect op, start, stop, weight, colour, cap, dashes, join
But the userguide does only mention op, start, stop, weight, colour

May the userguide be updated ?

PS: I submitted bug #228054 to Debian BTS for non packaged _renderPM module.

--
jm