[reportlab-users] Memory consumption of a "simple" document seems excessive

Thu, 8 Jan 2004 12:18:04 +0000

In article <OF81468B04.F56B895D-ONC1256E15.00403021@ubitrade.com>,
amaury.forgeotdarc@ubitrade.com writes
>Robin Becker wrote:
>> ..... yes at some point in the past we broke our own code. Even if the
>> old mechanism were in place I think there is still an issue about
>> splitting as _postponed is a hack that's set by doctemplate and nobody
>> requires the split to preserve it.
>
>But the split must not preserve it!
>If I understand the code correctly, the split replaces the big flowable
>by a list of (smaller) flowables.
>The _postponed must be reset to 0.
>
>There is still a risk when split() systematically returns a list
>where the first argument is as high as the original flowable.
>But there is no page break there.
>
>--
>Amaury Forgeot d'Arc
.... that's what I meant. Since flowables don't know/care about
_postponed they can't be clever about setting it to zero or preserving
it if they make no progress. If one of the split returns is as large as
the original then it should logically have _postponed = 1