[reportlab-users] Memory consumption of a "simple" document seems excessive

reportlab-users@reportlab.com reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Thu, 8 Jan 2004 11:15:46 +0100

Hello,

I followed your discussion and I think I can add my $.02 comment:

It seems that loop detection is already present in the doctemplate.py file:
(lines ~544 in my version)

When a flowable causes a page break, its "_postponed" member is set to 1.
Next time, if the "_postponed" is still here, we detected an empty page !
All the code is present, (even the flowable's identity)
but unfortunately (?) the raise statement is commented out...

If one wants to implement the 3 page breaks limit, it's easy to increment
the "_postponed"
each time and fail only when it raises the limit.

> Any fixed number of blank pages will break somebody's document.

But counting the number of "postpones" instead is correct.

It is even possible, in case a flowable is too large , to replace it by a
warning paragraph,
and continue the process.

--
Amaury Forgeot d'Arc