[reportlab-users] Memory consumption of a "simple" document seems excessive

Andy Robinson reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Wed, 7 Jan 2004 15:21:23 -0000

Looks like we have a bug somewhere when we try to size
images.  The following works fine so there is nothing
wrong with your GIF or our streaming to disk...

    import reportlab.pdfgen.canvas
    c = reportlab.pdfgen.canvas.Canvas('fullsize.pdf')
    c.drawImage('fullsize.gif',0,0,800,500)
    c.save()
    print 'done'
I'll let you know as soon as we have a fix.

- Andy