[reportlab-users] Table and document widths

Will Newton reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Tue, 6 Jan 2004 12:34:27 +0000

I've been building a report with reportlab, and so far it is going
pretty well. However, I have come across a little inconsistency in the
formatting of my report, and wondered if anyone on this list could shed
any light on the problem.

I've got several tables and a number of paragraphs in my document. The
tables have their column widths set like this:

  Table(table_data, 2*[doc.width/2])

(or some other multiple other than 2). The tables also have boxes round
their borders. The tables end up being slightly wider than my paragraphs
or other non-boxed tables and look quite inconsistent. Not specifying
table widths results in the correct (to my eye) effect, i.e. the content
of the table is shrunk slightly to accomodate the box. Is there a way to
specify column widths without getting this issue?