[reportlab-users] how control wrapping of frame?

Chris K. reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Fri, 02 Jan 2004 17:40:57 +0100

Hi!

I have a simple document consisting of frames. The frames are filled with
paragraphs of two different types: header and text.

I am looking for a way to control the wrapping so that a header-paragraph is
only drawn to the current frame if there is e.g. at least 1 inch of space
available after the header (so I have at least the two first lines of the
text-paragraph that follows the header). I don’t mind the text-paragraph to wrap
to a new frame after the first two lines, so "KeepTogether" is not what I want.

Can I determine, how much space is "left" in a frame to decide if I want to draw
the paragraph to the current or the next frame?

Regards
Chris