[reportlab-users] Feature request for rl_config.py

Tue, 17 Feb 2004 14:41:22 +0000

In article <54EEE8AA-6152-11D8-BA21-00039345C610@darwin.in-berlin.de>,
Dinu Gherman <gherman@darwin.in-berlin.de> writes
>Hi,
>
>a typical reportlab user has to update RLTK, a few times per year,
>say, to install the latest distribution. Independant of how many
>times extactly this will happen, I find that less conveniant than
>it could be, because I have to re-edit manually the file named
>rl_config.py, usually to change at least the font paths.
>
>It would be more convenient and less error-prone to import in
>rl_config a file which is optionally available in some canonical
>places, like the folders site-packages/reportlab, ~ or even some-
>where on the PYTHON_PATH.
>
>Or has anybody else found other methods of dealing with that kind
>of "change management"?
>
>Dinu
>
>--
>Dinu C. Gherman - http://python.net/~gherman
.... you're absolutely right about this Dinu. Logically the structure
should be something like

set defaults

#### Normally don't need to edit below here ####
try:
    execfile('local_rl_config.py')
except:
    pass

If that is acceptable I will do that right now.