[reportlab-users] (no subject)

Aleksander Piotrowski reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Fri, 13 Feb 2004 10:03:44 +0100

Ian Sparks <Ian.Sparks@etrials.com> wrote:

>    I must confess to being no expert with Unicode issues especially where
>    they interact with ReportLab and PDF. I'm trying to get a PDF with Polish
>    accented characters from the following program :

I'm using polish accented chars with type1 fonts using iso8859-2 encoding.
I'll switch soon to true type fonts but now I can only help you with
type1 fonts. Interested?

>    Also, if anyone has experience with Polish perhaps they could tell me
>    whether it is acceptable to "downgrade" the Polish characters to their
>    latin-1 equivalents?

You cannot ignore polish chracters. Of course some people are using
latin-1 only chars while using IRC or IM but in offical letters it's not
acceptable.

Alek
--
- Mamo, naprawdę nie musisz być taka zaambarasowana.
- Zaambarasowana? W jakich zapleśniałych notatkach jakiego profesora historii