[reportlab-users] Noob Instancing Question (no FAQ?)

Ian reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Wed, 11 Feb 2004 22:53:49 -0000

I'm a complete noob on this list, so apologies if the question is perennial
(is there a FAQ?).

I have a document containing several hundred very similar diagrams. Each
consists of a handful of symbols plotted on a rather complex grid. The grid
is identical in all diagrams. Having several hundred bloats the file size,
however, into the megabyte range.

I'd like to do something like in SVG, where you define a 'symbol' which can
then be instanced many times without duplicating all the drawing code each
time. I should be able to save nearly 2 meg if I can do this.

Question is, can I?

Ian.