[reportlab-users] Playpus "Total pages" before PDF gets generated.

Jerome Alet alet at librelogiciel.com
Wed Dec 1 04:54:11 EST 2004

On Wed, Dec 01, 2004 at 11:47:01AM +0200, bo at bitute.b4net.lt wrote:
> Hello.
>
> Does anybody know how to get total pages in Platypus BEFORE I generated the
> PDF? I need something like this:
>
>                  "Page 16 of 328"
>
> Where to RTFM? I searched (not so much though) and still can't find it.
> Does Platypus knows about how much pages will be generated ahead? Hmm...
> I also looked over the code a bit, but still nothing suitable I found.

You can't have it before, but by using form objects, you can "leave
the field blank", and fill it on every page once your document is
finished,by defining the form only at the end, and using it on
every page before

not sure it's clear, but it's easy to do and discussed several
times in this mailing list archives

bye

Jerome Alet