[reportlab-users] Outlook and PDF forwarding

Thu, 19 Aug 2004 11:11:55 +0100

Ulrich Wisser wrote:

> Hi,
>
>>> It was already discussed on that list, that outlook does forward some
>>> PDF documents as quoted-printable instead of base64.
>>>
>>> Is there any known workaround? How do I get outlook to use base64.
>>> Zipping the PDF is no option for our sales team.
>>>
>> we've discussed this and it may be possible to make the PDF's more
>> binary by not using a85 encoding for images etc.
>

> sorry, but I have no idea what a85 encoding is. And how can I avoid it.
> Is there anything I can do now to make it work?
>
> Thanks
>
> Ulrich

..... it's an image encoding that allows binary images to look more text like
at present images are the only thing in reportlab that uses it. We used to use
it to allow images to be moved around without PIL.

At present I'm trying to figure out how to remove it with an option.