[reportlab-users] Re: pdf's corrupted when emailed, possible solution included

Tim Roberts reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Thu, 15 Apr 2004 10:14:21 -0700

On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 11:28:38 -0400, Jeff Johnson <jjohnson@deg.cc> wrote:

>Hi, we're using reportlab 1.18 and since we've switched to a postfix
>mail server on linux, our PDFs that are sent from Outlook are
>corrupted.  This is apparently because Outlook uses quoted-printable
>encoding instead of base64 to encode the PDF when it doesn't see binary
>data in the first few lines of the attachment.

Even if this is true, I'm not sure what the problem is.
Quoted-printable is quite capable of representing binary data.  A binary
file grows more when encoded as QP than when encoded as base64, but it
doesn't lose any information.  Where does the corruption occur?

--
- Tim Roberts, timr@probo.com
  Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.