[reportlab-users] Hyphenation survey (Silbentrennung)

Dinu Gherman reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Mon, 5 Apr 2004 09:30:01 +0200

Jerome Alet:

> IIRC, Dinu Gherman has setup a (small) fund for this on
> opensourceexperts.org

I have discussed this with Henning, already. There are much higher
(although not breathtaking) resources for sponsoring this kind of
functionality. But I'm hesitating to put them into the feature fund
you mention because of its cost (10 %) and the lack of competition
between several solutions.

Without the latter the feature fund concept doesn't make much sense.
And my announcement from 2003-11-20 didn't generate much interest
except from Henning, who has put quite some spare time into a basi-
cally working solution.

I invite all users with mainly non-English applications to respond
to his survey and consider supporting such a solution with even only
a few Euros in principle, since those with mainly English applica-
tions have not much interest in pushing this further.

Regards,

Dinu

--
Dinu C. Gherman - http://python.net/~gherman
"The best way to predict the future is to invent it." (Alan Kay)