[reportlab-users] RL-newbie looking for examples

Chris K. reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Mon, 22 Sep 2003 18:50:07 +0200

Hi,

I’m fairly new to ReportLab and to this mailing list so please excuse
for bothering with basic questions …

I want to implement ReportLab into Zope in order to generate
pdf-documents from user-supplied data and image-objects.

I’ll probably use platypus and it’s flowables to generate my stories,
because I need to be able to change output layouts fairly easy. So a too
low level approach (canvas-level) is not an option (please correct me if
I am wrong). Since I am not very experienced using ReportLab, some
examples – especially concerning Zope -  would be of great help. I’ve
played with rlzopr.py-example and the examples provided with ReportLab
so far.

Any hints, examples and code that will support me in my quest will be
much appreciated.

Regards
Chris