[reportlab-users] cgi-problem with reportlab

Christoph Zwerschke reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Thu, 11 Sep 2003 09:10:57 +0200

> Also note that if you do not fill in a field, the field name will not
appear
> in the FieldStorage object at all.  That's a common error.  Fortunately,
it's
> easy to check for that:

I've already reported that bug together with a patch on January 2001:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=508665&group_id=5470&atid=305470
But it has still not made its way into the official Python release.
Another problem is that this bug was also copied in other software, for
instance Webware for Python copied parts of the cgi.py module including the
bug.

Though it is somewhat off topic here, but since I'm obviously not the only
one who has stumbled over that bug, does anybody have an idea how to enforce
the patch to be included with future Python versions?

Christoph Zwerschke