[reportlab-users] w2k reportlab install questions

reportlab-users@reportlab.com reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Wed, 10 Sep 2003 18:56:16 +0200

> To install reportlab, I just unzipped the .zip file into my
> C:\Python23\Lib folder, and it seems to work ok; I can import the
> reportlab classes without any trouble.  However, just because there's no
> obvious problems doesn't mean that this is the right place to put the
> reportlab files. Where should I unzip the reportlab.zip files?

C:\Python23\Lib is a good place, and it will work without trouble.

However for third-party packages I prefer the
C:\Python23\Lib\site-packages folder, just to make the distinction
with the stock Python modules.

--
Amaury Forgeot d'Arc