[reportlab-users] How to make Time-series Xaxis?

reportlab-users@reportlab.com reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Wed, 10 Sep 2003 08:47:41 -0400 (EDT)

Hi-

I want to graph some time-series data, and I think I'm going to need to
subclass either the category axis or the value axis.

I want to graph some monthly data over a multi-year period, so I don't
want to show a monthly axis label at every tick mark.

The category axis already can handle text axis labels, but I don't know
how to turn off display of some of them.

If I have a list like this:

>>>dates = ['Jan-67', 'Feb-67', 'Mar-67', 'Apr-67', 'May-67']

and I only want to show tick marks for January, March, and May, does
anyone know how I could do that?  I still want to show data for the
non-labeled February and April months.

Thanks for the help.