[reportlab-users] Can reportlab make a similar chart as this?

Mon, 8 Sep 2003 19:43:15 +0100

In article <46475.199.169.240.132.1063031161.squirrel@svr1.turboweb.net>
, reportlab@sarcastic-horse.com writes
>I was really just trying to find out if reportlab is capable of making a
>similar chart as the one I linked to.  I need a line chart that has shaded
>regions, and I wasn't sure if reportlab supports that feature.

..... we don't have shaded regions directly supported, but if you
override the draw method of the appropriate chart you can do pretty much
anything you like. The main danger here is that we don't really have
enough hookable events in the draw methods so it will be hard before or
after the draw to insert your shaded regions at the right Z-location.

If you just derive and copy the draw method then you can insert things
exactly where you want them.