[reportlab-users] Advice on switching from XSL-FO (FOP) to ReportLabs

Andy Robinson reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Fri, 31 Oct 2003 21:02:32 -0000

Felix,

Thanks very much for this.  I knew FOP was slow but did not
know the difference was this big...

The tables comment from David Foster is fair but something
we are sure we can address in the next few weeks - but if
you follow the right guidelines, you can sidestep this totally.
Invoices are a classic simple-to-do example.

You and others may be interested to see that ReportLab are sponsoring
the XML Conference (www.xmlconference.org) in Philadelphia, December,
and I am giving a talk "ReportLab - the practical alternative to FOP" :-)
We're actively looking for an app where we can do head to head
comparisons of ReportLab versus XSL-FO/FOP.  How about we help you
redo this and we get some comparison stats over the next couple of
weeks?  Please email me and Steve Holden (sholden@holdenweb.com)
privately and we'll arrange this...

Best Regards,

Andy Robinson