[reportlab-users] tables in tables.....in tables

Shayan Raghavjee reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Wed, 29 Oct 2003 10:54:12 +0200

In the words of Wile E. Coyote..... erk.

Shayan Raghavjee wrote:

> Hi again,
>
> Please excuse the spelling if it's bad, I'm writing this while my
> laptop is beeping a battery warning at me, so I'm going as fast as I can.
>
> Bit of a newbie question, but is it possible to include a table in
> another table, I've seen it mentioned in the docs, but I can't find an
> example. A snippet of code I've tried and which doesn't work:
>
>           tCol1List = [tBlock1, tBlock2]

Shouldn't this be tCol1List = [[tBlock1], [tBlock2]]?

>           subTable1 = Table(tCol1List, style=LargeTableStyle(),
> repeatRows = 0)
>           tCol2List = [tBlock3, tBlock4, tBlock5, tBlock6]

As above?

>           subTable2 = Table(tCol2List, style=LargeTableStyle(),
> repeatRows = 0)
>           dataTableList = [subTable1, subTable2]
>           dataTable = Table(dataTableList, style=LargeTableStyle(),
> repeatRows = 0)

Realised that just as I read the mail a 2nd time. Thought I should
reply, in case anyone else had that problem. (ie. Brain in neutral) At
least I hope that's the problem. Don't hesitate to point anything out if
you want.

Thanks,
Shayan Raghavjee