[reportlab-users] Infinite loop when table with Paragraph overflows a page

David Fraser reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Fri, 24 Oct 2003 13:25:29 +0200

Hi

More table layout issues ...
We've had trouble with the layout of a table with a large cell that
doesn't fit in the page.
If I run the attached test with numtests=6, the python process starts
using up loads of memory and CPU, eventually growing to at least 500MB
We don't neccessarily need to display all the data (as it doesn't fit),
but it would be nice if there was some way to trap this condition and
either (prefarably) truncate it or at least raise an error.
The test basically produces a table with three columns, one of which has
a paragraph in it with lots of text.
Successive tables with more and more text are produced. If you stop off
at numtests=5 (the default value), everything is fine.

Any comments on where this might be in the code or how we can avoid it?

Thanks
David