Progress Report (was Re: [reportlab-users] Tables)

Sun, 19 Oct 2003 15:09:39 +0100

In article <200310192333.38900.rasjidw@openminddev.net>, Rasjid Wilcox
<rasjidw@openminddev.net> writes
>Having got the above working, I am now going to try and get a more generalised
>form, where one could write:
>rG.add('x3', x3, left='1 * cm', top='x2.bottom + 1 * cm')
>and it would place the x3 XBox 1 cm below the base of x2, 1cm from the left
>margin.  (Obviously more useful for paragraphs, where you don't know the
>bottom until during the wrap process.)

..... you may find it interesting to look at what the java/c++
constraint based system cassowary does.

http://www.cs.washington.edu/research/constraints/cassowary

For any kind of recursive model we generally end up with a linear system
of equations and in general we need to solve a linear constraint system.