[reportlab-users] Tables

Christoph Zwerschke reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Fri, 17 Oct 2003 14:04:18 +0200

> * Maybe there should be different classes for small tables, long tables,
> long and wide tables. ...
> * However the different rendering algorithms for long/wide tables will
work,
> they should all have a complexity better than c=O((rows*cols)^2) because
> c would make the algorithm too slow for real world use.

I think if there really is a different class for small tables (with only one
or a few rows, just for arranging things on page or even on one line), then
complexity doesn't matter for that class, but prettiness. Only standard or
long tables should really be very anxious about complexity. It shouldn't be
quadratic - exactly this seems to be the problem of many report generators
or word processors abused as such.

Christoph