[reportlab-users] Problem with row&column spanning code not calculating table heights

Andy Robinson reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Wed, 15 Oct 2003 23:35:42 +0100

> formulation. In algorithmic terms LP is considered easy so perhaps I was
> talking "super easy" :)

Ah yes.  I am an intellectual lightweight and happy to remain
that way :-)

Seriously, a generic approach to layout constraint
solving would be very interesting; I wonder if we
could unify the problems of table layout, page
layout, and shuffling around chart elements into
suitable places, so that one generic constraint
system could solve the lot?  If anyone in our user
group is looking for PhD thesis ideas I reckon
that's a good one...

- Andy