[reportlab-users] debian package and tar distribution: What is the best way to do this?

Marius Gedminas reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Tue, 14 Oct 2003 00:01:20 +0300

--65ImJOski3p8EhYV

On Mon, Oct 13, 2003 at 02:32:55PM +0100, pieter claassen wrote:
> Does anybody have any tips on packaging a pure python application in a
> .deb?

Perhaps Debian Python Policy would help?  Look for
/usr/share/doc/python/python-policy.txt.gz if you are on a Debian
system.  I have version 0.3.7.1 (Debian unstable).

Disclaimer: I haven't read it -- so far I've only packaged a couple of
packages for my own use.  But I would read it if I planned to package
something for wide distribution.

Marius Gedminas
--=20
To stay awake all night adds a day to your life.
		-- Stilgar (Frank Herbert _Children_of_Dune_)

--65ImJOski3p8EhYV

--65ImJOski3p8EhYV--